Getting Involved Personally
- Make a commitment to notice your habits and change your lifestyle accordingly. Consciously choose to reduce your energy/resource consumption by recycling, eating more local foods, and turning off your lights when you leave the room. These are simple changes that will make a difference by reducing humans’ negative impact on our planet.
- Determine your yearly carbon footprint and reduce it – better yet, completely offset it!
- Tell people about the Million Tree Project.
Getting Involved Professionally
- Reduce your office’s energy consumption. Get a Shanghai Roots & Shoots Eco-Office Audit, in which a team of well-trained students will come in and calculate your office’s carbon footprint.
- Set up a mandatory program to offset pollution from company travel. Corporate air travel emits huge amounts of carbon dioxide and therefore contributes considerably to global warming. See our website to determine how many trees are needed to voluntarily offset the emissions.
- Sponsor corporate forests; 2,000 trees make a healthy-sized forest. This sends employees and clients a strong message that your company cares about its environmental impact. With GPS technology, you will be able to view the exact location of your company’s forest!
The Gift That Keeps Giving
- Planting a tree in someone’s honor is a unique, thoughtful, and environmentally friendly gift for any festive occasion. Sponsor trees for the Million Tree Project as personal gifts for friends and family, or as corporate gifts for clients and staff.